- Is Preside Premium a cloud service?
- Why should I purchase a premium subscription?
- What's the list of Premium features?
- Will the app continue to be updated and improved?
- Is there anything else? How do I suggest a feature?
- What is a preside.io account?
- Why do I need an account if Preside Premium isn't a cloud service?
- Is any of my email information or email account information stored in my preside.io account?
- Why subscriptions?
- What happens when my subscription expires? Does it auto-renew?
- Will any of my data be affected if my subscription lapses?
- I'm not convinced. Do you offer any other options?
Is Preside Premium a cloud service?
No. All of your email data and information is stored on your device. All email-related communication is between your device and your email provider. Our servers are used for subscription management and distribution of some premium content.
Why should I purchase a premium subscription?
The main reason to purchase Preside Premium is to keep the app from breaking.
Unfortunately, the frequency and breadth of the changes Apple makes to iOS each year require that apps be continously modified and updated just to keep them working. Given that environment, we need to spend 1 to 4 months each year simply maintaining the app's basic functionality. Our premium subscriptions fund that maintenance work.
If you love the app and you use it every day, and you would like to continue to use it in the years to come, you should purchase a subscription.
Of course, we offer great premium features too.
What's the list of Premium features?
- Premium Color Themes We have over 15 professionally designed color themes that are only available to our premium subscribers.
- Copy Folder trees Our premium subscribers have access to the "Copy to" feature for folders. That will allow you to copy entire folder hierarchies between accounts or within the same account. We're not aware of any other iOS email app that offers this capability.
- Unlimited usage Most users will never encounter our usage limits, but if you're using the app to file a lot of emails everyday, you will eventually exceed our limits. A premium subscription will remove all of the usage limits within the app.
- Priority support When premium members run into problems or have any comments or feedback about the app or email, we respond to those communications first.
Will the app continue to be updated and improved?
Yes. The purpose of offering premium subscriptions is so that we can fund updates and improvements to the app.
Is there anything else? How do I suggest a feature?
We've had difficulty thinking of premium features that offer value to our power users, but which don't belong in the core product. As such we greatly welcome & appreciate any suggestions for premium features. If you have a suggestion, please send us an email to: email@example.com
What is a preside.io Account?
A preside.io account is an account on our servers that we use to manage premium subscriptions and distribute some premium content. These accounts are also used to provide notifications for users who opt in to the remote notification features.
Why do I need an account if Preside Premium isn't a cloud service?
In order that your subscription works across all of your iOS devices and any device you might purchase in the future, we need to store information about the subscription in a central location accesible to all of your devices. That location is your preside.io account.
Is any of my email information or email account information stored in my preside.io account?
Subcriptions are used as part of our freemium revenue model. Our goal in choosing 'freemium with subscriptions' is that people who derive the most value from the app also fund the app's maintenance and improvements. We feel this model makes more sense than the one-time purchase model whereby the maintenance of the app is funded by new users, many of whom don't end up using the app much.
What happens when my subscription expires? Does it auto-renew?
At this time, our subscriptions do not auto-renew. When your subscription expires, the option to purchase a new subscription will become available, and the premium features will be blocked until a new subscription is purchased.
For people that do want auto-renewing subscriptions, it should be noted that this is something we are considering. As such, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have some interest or comments about this.
Will any of my data be affected if my subscription lapses?
No. None of the premium features involve data storage.
I'm not convinced. Do you offer any other options?
We are willing to work with anyone who cannot afford or who is unwilling to pay the full amount for the premium subscription. If that describes yourself, please send us an email and we can work something out.