- What is Preside?
- Is Preside replacing eMailGanizer?
- Will eMailGanizer continue to be updated & supported?
- What are the differences between Preside and eMailGanizer?
- Should I switch to Preside?
- I just paid $10 for eMailGanizer. I shouldn't have to switch to a different app. Am I being ripped off?
- How do I transfer my settings from eMailGanizer to Preside?
Preside & eMailGanizer
What is Preside?
Preside is the next generation of the eMailGanizer app that will run on both the iPhone and the iPad.
Is Preside replacing eMailGanizer?
Yes. Preside is intended as a replacement for eMailGanizer. After Preside is launched, we will be discouraging new users from purchasing eMailGanizer.
Will eMailGanizer continue to be updated & supported?
Yes. We will continue to update, support, and improve eMailGanizer for the foreseeable future. At some point, technical issues might dictate that we stop updating eMailGanizer, but we don't expect that to occur any time soon.
What are the differences between Preside and eMailGanizer?
The main differences between the two apps are listed below.
- Preside is a universal app. It will run with correct resolution on both the iPad and the iPhone. eMailGanizer will never work on the iPad (other than in iPhone compatibility mode).
- Preside will default to a modern UI style. eMailGanizer will default to looking the way it has always looked.
- Preside is a free app that offers premium features on a subscription basis. eMailGanizer will retain all of the premium features it already has, but it will not be updated with some of the newer premium features.
- It is unlikely that eMailGanizer's documentation will continue to be updated. Please refer to the preside.io website for the latest documentation.
- Preside provides a 'share extension' that makes it possible to email images directly from the Photos app and others. eMailGanizer does not provide this capability. For technical reasons, it is unlikely that functionality will be added to eMailGanizer.
- Preside offers built-in 'Presets' that can be used to quickly set lots of configuration options with a single tap. That functionality has been removed from eMailGanizer due to the difficulty of maintainenance.
Should I switch to Preside?
We are encouraging people to switch to Preside, but, if you're happy with eMailGanizer, you can continue to use that app. It is also possible to have both apps on the same device. You do NOT need to remove eMailGanizer in order to try out Preside.
I just paid $10 for eMailGanizer. I shouldn't have to switch to a different app. Am I being ripped off?
It is not our intent to mislead, deceive, or otherwise be unkind. You do not need to switch to the new app. As stated above, we will continue to update, improve, and support eMailGanizer. Also, our policy with eMailGanizer has always been to offer full refunds to any user who is not satisfied with the app for any reason. That refund policy will remain in effect for anyone who purchased the app before May of 2016. If you feel like you haven't gotten $10 of value from eMailGanizer and you would like a refund, please let us know and we can send some follow up instructions.
Please contact us with any other thoughts you have on this. We'll be happy to work with you and come up with a solution that suits your needs.
How do I transfer my settings from eMailGanizer to Preside?
- In eMailGanizer, navigate to More > Advanced > Import/Export
- Check all of the items you would like to export
- Tap on the Export button
- It's usually easiest to choose iCloud as the export location
- When loading Preside, tap the Menu Button near the top left
- Choose Import/Export
- Select the previously exported file & enter the password
- Wait while the app imports your settings. This make take a while, so please be patient.
- If the app reports any errors, please navigate to those accounts (in Preside) and re-save them.