- How do I delete an account?
- I cannot find the name I entered when I added my account. How can I edit the name that appears on the From line of my emails?
- How can I enter different servers for my incoming & outgoing emails?
- How can I access files in my Dropbox account?
- What's the System account? Do I need it?
- How can I enable a unified Inbox?
- Is there a way to show only my Unread emails?
- Why are folders I've deleted still appearing? How do I remove a folder from the Trash?
- How do I create a new folder?
- How do I move folders?
- I'd like to see all of my Trash (Sent, Drafts,...) folders in one place like a desktop email client. Is that possible?
- Is is possible to change the order of my Inboxes?
How do I delete an account?
To delete an account, navigate to the More > Accounts section of the app. Then tap on the Edit button and the top right. Then tap on the red circle to the left of the account to be deleted. Then confirm the delete by tapping on the Delete button to the right of the account to be deleted.
I cannot find the name I entered when I added my account. How can I edit the name that appears on the From line of my emails?
The name that appears on the 'From' line of your emails is controlled by your Identity. Each account has a default identity that is created at the time the account is added. The name on the Account screen is only used when creating that default identity. After the initial account entry, the properties of the Identity need to be modified from the Identity Settings screen that is accessed from the More > Identities screen.
How can I enter different servers for my incoming & outgoing emails?
To set up separate incoming and outgoing email servers, please do the following:
- When entering the account, please navigate to the Advanced screen and set the 'Send emails' option in the Features section to OFF.
- After the IMAP account has been properly saved, please add another account and select SMTP as the account type.
How can I access files in my Dropbox account?
To add your Dropbox account to Preside, please do the following:
- Go to More > Accounts
- Tap on the + button at the top right
- Enter ‘Dropbox’ as the account type
- Enter a nickname for the account
- Tap SAVE at the top right
What's the System account? Do I need it?
The System account provides the interface between the Preside and your iOS Contacts. If you'd like for the app to use entries from your iOS contacts for the purposes of autocompleting email recipients, then you need this account. In general, there are no downsides to keeping this account. Unless you have hundreds of thousands of contacts, the account won't take up much space. If you do delete the account, you will not be able to restore it without fully deleting and reinstalling the app. As such, if you'd like to try using the app without it, it is recommended that you go to the Advanced section of the account and set the "Contacts" option to OFF. Then TAP SAVE.
How can I enable a unified Inbox?
A Unified Inbox can be enabled by navigating to More > Appearance. The 3rd section on that screen contains the virtual folders that can be enabled. If you enable the 'All Inboxes' smart folder, a unified inbox will appear along with the other inboxes on the Inboxes screen. The Unified Inbox will contain all of the emails from all of your Inboxes in all of your accounts.
Is there a way to show only my Unread emails?
If you navigate to the More > Appearance screen, the 3rd or so section down is the 'Smart Folders' section. In that section, you can enable the 'Unread Emails' option. That will add a folder to your Inboxes screen that shows only your unread emails.
Why are folders I've deleted still appearing? How do I remove a folder from the Trash?
By default, to fully delete a folder, you will need to empty the Trash that the folder has been moved to. In order to do that, please navigate to the Trash folder. Then tap the Action Button at the top of the screen. Then choose 'Empty Trash' and confirm the warning.
It is also possible to configure Preside to allow the deletion of folders that are already in the Trash. To do that, go to the More > Filing screen and configure the 'Delete from Trash' option to allow folders.
How do I create a new folder?
Preside offers a few different mechanisms for creating a new folder.
- On the Folders tab, tap on the 'Edit' button. A '+' button should now appear. Tap that button to add the new folder.
- You can configure that '+' button to always appear, from the More > Appearance > Layout screen. Use the 'Top buttons' option in the Folders section
- Also on the Folders tab, you can tap the Menu button near the top left. Then choose "New ...", and proceed accordingly.
- Another option is to navigate to the parent folder of the folder you'd like to create. When viewing that parent folder, tap the Menu button, second from the left. Then choose 'New ...'. That will present the 'New folder' screen with the parent folder defaulted to the folder your are currently viewing.
- You can also create a new folder while filing. To do that, choose 'More ...' when presented with the filing suggestions. On the next screen scroll down to the bottom, and tap on the account in which you would like to create the folder. On the following screen tap the '+' button near the top right.
- From the Dashboard screen (on the iPad), you can create a folder by tapping the Menu Button near the top left and choosing 'New'.
How do I move folders?
You can move folders by tapping the Edit button at the top right when on the Folders screen. Then use the controls on the right hand side of the folder rows to drag the folder row to a different place. To drag it to the top level, drop it on the row that has the account name.
I'd like to see all of my Trash (Sent, Drafts,...) folders in one place like a desktop email client. Is that possible?
Yes. To set this up, please navigate to More > Appearance > Layout > Grouped Folder Types (in the Folders section). On that screen, select the folder types you would like to see grouped together at the top of the folder list. After making the changes, any of the selected types will appear near the top of the Folders screen. From there, you can select on the parent folder to view all of the emails in all of your accounts for that folder type, or you can expand that parent folder to view them separated out by account. In short, those folders will work just like the similar folders you might see in a desktop email client.
Is is possible to change the order of my Inboxes?
To change the order of the Inboxes on the Inboxes screen, tap the Edit button at the top left. Then use the controls on the right-hand side of each Inbox row to drag the Inboxes to your preferred positions. Then tap Done at the top left.
If you're working in the Dashboard screen on the iPad, you can rearrange the Inboxes in the Inboxes pane simply by dragging them to the correct position.
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to reorder the accounts and Inboxes on the other screens. Please let us know if this is something you would like to see added to the app. For now, you will need to delete and reenter your accounts in the preferred order if you need to change the order of your accounts.